In order to carry out the modified 2020 MR CTL Spring League, we MUST follow the Social Distancing Guidelines recommended by the State of North Dakota and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control. Our Social Distancing Policy for spring 2020 is as follows:
MR CTL SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURES
We will be honoring social distancing to ensure a safe and healthy 2020 spring season in adherence to state and federal recommendations. These procedures will apply to both trap shooting at Capital City Gun Club and skeet shooting at Capital City Sporting Clays.
Safety, Health, & PPE Requirements
- IF YOU OR A FAMILY MEMBER ARE SICK FOR ANY REASON – PLEASE STAY HOME! WE WILL FIND A WAY TO MAKE UP THE ROUNDS AT A LATER DATE.
- In addition to your safety glasses and ear plugs or muffs, YOU MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING WHILE PARTICIPATING THIS SPRING. Whether this is a hospital mask, a turkey hunting face cover, a fishing sun shield, a folded bandana, a balaclava or some other soft fabric method of covering your mouth and nose, YOU MUST WEAR ONE for this season. Secure one now and be prepared to wear it when the season starts. Find one made of light material, as things will be warmer in this later stretch of spring and it may brush up against the stock of your gun – remember to try it on and then try mounting your gun. The following types of face coverings are acceptable:Hospital Mask
Turkey Hunting Face Shield
5/15 UPDATE NOTE: Per CCGC and for safety reasons, while shooting, you may roll your mask down off your nose to prevent fogging of your shooting glasses. When you are done shooting your round, you must cover both your nose and your mouth.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FACE COVERING – YOU WILL NOT SHOOT!
- House and post assignments and schedules will be sent via email, posted up on MRCTL.org and posted on our Facebook page each Saturday for the following week, so you know when and where you need to be and to avoid unnecessary and close contact with other shooters. KNOW YOUR HOUSE & POST then go directly to your house three minutes before your flight begins and stand in the staked off waiting area for each post.
- MR CTL will provide hand sanitizer at each house’s gun rack, please don’t crowd around it, using it one at a time, observing a six-foot distance from one another when getting guns or cleaning hands.
- While we encourage spectators such as parents to remain in their vehicles and observe, MR CTL will stake off “standing areas” behind the sidewalk of each house that are more than 6 feet apart where only family members of each shooter can stand or sit and observe. Shooters should put your shells there, instead of placing them at the gun rack and congregating around it. ALL PARENTS & SPECTATORS IN STANDING AREA MUST WEAR FACE COVERINGS WHICH COVER THEIR NOSES AND MOUTHS. If you do not have a face covering or don’t want to wear one, you will have to wait in your vehicle.
- Shooters must arrive at the facility ten minutes before your flight starts, but do not leave your vehicle to go to the staked standing area until 3 minutes before your flight starts, bringing all necessary PPE (including face covering), shells and gear with you. When you have completed your rounds and are ready to go, please leave the area in your vehicle immediately allowing for others to come and park. While hanging out and shooting the breeze after your rounds is fun, we will not be able to accommodate that this season.
- Please stay six feet away from other people at all times. Coaches will observe a six-foot distance as well, so this season there will be no touching of shooters by coaches to adjust shoulders, arms, hips or heads. Coaches will verbally instruct you as appropriate and rely on YOU to make the adjustments. While this is not ideal, it is the best we can do to help you improve your shot given the situation.For our new shooters – WE WILL NOT BE PHYSICALLY ADJUSTING YOU AS WE HAVE DONE IN PAST SEASONS – we will do our best to convey verbal instructions on what you need to try and change. While this IS NOT ideal, we are working with the situation at hand. We will only break the six-foot barrier in case of emergency or if we witness unsafe behavior which needs to be stopped immediately, or in case of a gun jam or similar malfunction. As a note, new shooters will all be shooting on either Sundays or Mondays on Houses 6 & 7, for focused coaching from our experts with novice participants and for heightened vigilance to issues that relate specifically to them.
- All other MR CTL rules, CCGC rules and ND CTL rules remain in effect in addition to these social distancing guidelines.
Thank you for your efforts in keeping everyone safe and healthy as we adjust to this new challenge, while still pulling off yet another incredible MR CTL season!
For questions or comments on these procedures, please email email@example.com